Sometimes the Bride and Groom would prefer the little ones to not be present for their wedding or maybe just for the reception. It makes it easier for their guest to have a carefree night out, and a sometimes a little more pleasant. Here are some ideas how to get your point across without stepping on any toes. Just add this in your invitation to make the message clear, it applies to everyone.
Short and to the point
- Strictly, no children please
- This is an adult only affair
- Adult only wedding and reception
A bit more nicely said
- Children at the ceremony, we'd love them on the scene. Reception time, however, is an adult's only theme.
- While we love to watch the children run and play, this is an adults only kind of day.
Or maybe it is the venues choice
- By the manager's rules, no children
- Due to restrictions of the venue, no children may attend